Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Of Chocolates and Friends, There Shall Never Be Too Much

I know these pictures are almost two months old, but that's just kinda how my life is these days.  :-)  A little behind.  So I thought I'd post them anyway, since I just want to.
The day after my birthday, I had a chance to fly up north to see my dear friend, Iris for the day.  (Well, for about 5 hours, actually.)  We took the opportunity to do our annual tradition of making Christmas candy.  It was fun, but the time just flew by and it seemed sort of like a dream that it even happened.  

I took Logan along since there was another seat in the plane.  He had fun playing with the kids and having a plane ride.  (Although he got a belly-ache when we were up in the clouds and he couldn't see the ground.)

Enjoying the ride.

The bush in the fall.

Our fearless pilot, my brother Matthew.

Co-conspirators in the production of much chocolate and sugar!

Yum!  Peanut butter balls.  Or buck-eyes if you're from Ohio.

5 comments:

lisa said...

I appreciate you calling them "buckeyes"!!! ha! ha! that is EXACTLY what they look like!!! You did a great job imitating a real one.

wow! the throw up story was just too much. boy, have we been there and done that? When Steven was little, every time he got in the car he threw up from being car sick....we had a bucket, cleaning supplies, and outfits in the van at all times. Pleasant memories for me...ugh!

Sabrina said...

I loved reading this post. Good friends together, a little plane (YEARS since I've seen the inside of one of those), a great "North" shot, and chocolate. Very good reading indeed.

Robyn said...

I'm just stopping here to say I really love your title on this. :-)

Anonymous said...

I made some buckeyes this week, too!

rachelslab said...

alright, the madness is over, time to update your blog! I accept no excuses.